If you need a quick and simple after-school snack or have a chocolate craving that won’t do away, you need these Cocoa Bites in your life. Sweetened with dates and with no refined foods these are a no brainer!
Susquehanna Style Magazine asked me to share a few gluten-free recipes for a Gluten-Free Gourmet feature. This recipe is included in the collection. I like to eat the bites just as they are but it can be used as a crust for a no-bake gluten-free pie. Consider filing the crust with ice cream, custard or fresh fruit with a dollop of sweetened whipped cream.
Head on over to Susquehanna Style Magazine’s page to check out the Cheesy Baked Spaghetti Squash with Roasted Red Pepper Turkey Meatballs and Coconut Quinoa recipes.
- 2 cups nuts such as walnuts, pecans, almonds or hazelnuts
- 2 cups pitted dates
- ⅓ cup dark cocoa powder, Hershey’s Special Dark or raw cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee or espresso powder
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- Pinch of salt
- cayenne, cinnamon, orange zest (optional)
- Puree all the ingredients in food processor until fine crumbs are formed.
- Form into ½ ounce balls.
- Roll in cocoa powder, nuts or shaved coconut.
- Store in a tightly sealing container in the refrigerator or freezer.
Leave a Reply