With all holiday festivities and over indulging under our belts we need a reprieve from sugar and fats. I do. This Blueberry Granola Smoothie isn’t just tasty but it’s good for you, too. A banana is used to sweeten the smoothie, the only added sugar will be in the granola you choose.
This is the time of year to enjoy the locally grown blueberries you froze this past summer. Rustle up some blueberries and get our day started on the right foot.
This recipe was a compliment to the Healthy Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffin recipe featured in the January issue of Berks County Living. Yum!
- 1 cup frozen or fresh blueberries
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk or non-fat milk
- ¼ cup granola (GF optional)
- ¼ cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 small banana, peeled
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ice cubes
- Place all ingredients into the blender, secure lid and blend until desired consistency is reached.