Spring is popping in Lancaster Central Market and it’s time to grab it by the handfuls! Lemon Roasted Vegetable Salad will put you in a spring frame of mind. Roasting is the easiest way to prepare a quick meal using symbolic spring vegetables (asparagus, new potatoes and radish). While you are all grabby at market, pick up fresh fish to roast at the same time and potted thyme from Spring Knoll Farm.
No green thumb is necessary for success with growing thyme. Put thyme into your patio planter or garden. It will return each year and the fresh flavor of thyme is lovely in so many dishes.
Roasting vegetables adds flavor without the extra calories from rich sauces. The lemon and fresh thyme add a bright flavor to this simple dish. I enjoy this dish as it is but you could toss it in a balsamic vinaigrette. I like it cold, I like it hot. If you’d like to use those radish greens add them to your tossed salad.
- 1 bunch radishes, quartered into 1 inch pieces
- 20 ounces (4 cups) new potatoes, quartered into 1 inch pieces
- 20 ounces (1 large bunch) asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 lemon, cut in half lengthwise and sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- ½ teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary, optional
- 2 tablespoons Meyer Lemon Olive Oil (Seasons Olive Oil & Vinegar Taproom)
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 425ºF. Prepare a large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray or coat with olive oil.
- In a large mixing bowl toss the radish, potatoes, asparagus, lemon, garlic, thyme, rosemary, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Spread the vegetables on the baking sheet. Roast for 20-25 minutes, until the potatoes are tender.
- Enjoy seasoned as is or add vinaigrette to taste.