Pass on the cheese ball, or keep the cheese ball, but add this healthier, oh-so-simple, savory variation, Roasted Red Pepper Dip.
Did you know that you can save fat and calories by substituting soft cheese for hard cheese? Adding non-fat Greek yogurt to dips is also a secret of mine.
Looking for an alternative to a story hard cheese ball I trimmed fat and calories by substituting a soft cheese (feta/chèvre) for the hard cheese (cheddar). A single ounce of feta has 74 calories and 6 grams of fat versus 1 ounce of cheddar which has 113 calories and 9 grams of fat.
This dip can be made the night before your party, and it isn’t limited to being dip. Use it as a spread in a sandwich wrap or on top or roasted chicken, too.
- 4 ounces feta cheese
- ½ cup drained roasted red peppers, reserving the liquid
- 7 ounces non-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Salt, to taste
- Purée all ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
- If you need it thinner, add roasted red pepper liquid until you get the desired texture.
Leave a Reply