I love this Beet Blackberry Lentil Salad salad for it’s earthy flavors, toothsome texture of the lentils and that it’s satisfying in such a good for you and belly filling way. It was always a favorite of my client’s (when I did my private chef meal delivery). Enjoy it alone, as a side or a main dish. Prepare it vegan (skip the cheese) or vegetarian salad. Pile up a big mess of fresh greens and top it with this salad.
P.S. it’s so good for you too!
Find my Blackberry Dressing recipe in my 1-minute YouTube tutorial. Looking for other blackberry recipes? This is one of 3 recipes I shared at a recent Weaver’s Orchard cooking class. Go on, check it out.
- 2 cups prepared french lentils
- 12 ounces beets, peeled, chopped and roasted for 20-30 min with olive oil at 400˚ until tender
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 cups raw spinach, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ cup roasted or raw pumpkin seeds or walnut pieces
- ¼ cup blackberries, halved
- ¼ cup crumbled feta, chèvre or blue cheese (skip if preparing this as a vegan recipe)
- Blackberry Dressing, prepared with fresh garlic or Citrus Balsamic
- Gently combine lentils, beets, red onion and thyme. Stir in dressing, to personal taste.
- Top with seeds, berries and cheese (skip cheese, if vegan).