Summer Seafood Salad with mango and crab is perfect for summer entertaining. Using fresh lump crab from Adelphia Seafood makes this a delightful dish with flavors and textures that play well with each other. Serve each portion in individual cups and for a special treat serve with Adelphia’s EZ Grillers shrimp!
EZ Grillers are fresh-water shrimp sourced from Bangladesh and available all season at Adelphia Seafood. They are large, like prawn, but with a sweeter, lobster-like flavor and texture and one of Adelphia’s best sellers. One or two pieces work well per person.
Brush with coconut oil, rub with a spice blend, and grill on high heat with the shell on. Zack, helpful Adelphia team member, suggested roasting cumin, star anise, and coriander on the stove and pulsing it in a spice grinder. Add black pepper. Before serving the shrimp remove the shell and butterfly.
- Dressing Ingredients
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Salad Ingredients
- 3 cups prepared orzo pasta
- 1 cup chopped, fresh mango or pineapple
- ½ - ¾ cup corn kernels
- ½ cup chopped red pepper
- ½ cup diced celery
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley, cilantro or basil
- 16 ounces fresh lump crab
- Optional EZ Grillers Shrimp
- Prepare the salad dressing by whisking all of the ingredients until smooth; set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix all of the salad ingredients until combined. Stir in the dressing. Divide between small serving bowls and top with crab meat. Garnish with fresh herbs, mango and grilled shrimp.