We got more snow today. Spring is 2 days away. It’s strange. So, I made a quick bowl of vegan tomato bisque. I made my own cashew cream. It’s easy. Puree 3/4 cup raw cashews and 1/2 cup water in a blender until smooth. Make it as thin or thick as you like. Keep it thick (I know I told you to make it as thin or thick as you like), you can always add more liquid.
Back to watching for spring!
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 cup vegetarian broth
- 28 ounce can diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup roasted red pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose seasoning blend or Italian herb blend.
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ cup cashew milk or non-dairy milk of your choice.
- sea salt, to taste
- In a 3-quart saucepan sauté the onions until tender and just golden.
- Add the remaining ingredients, cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
- Stir until you find the bay leaf and remove it.
- Stir in cashew milk.
- Using an immersion blender puree the soup until smooth. If using a blender allow the soup to cool, to prevent accidental body burning. (unless you are so careful you'd never make that mistake)