I’m hanging on to summer and this Tomato Feta Orzo Salad will satisfy me until I can’t find any more local, late harvest tomatoes or until they make their appearance next summer.
Like most chilled salad recipes, this one is a loose recipe to follow. If you don’t have local, sweet corn it’s okay to use an organic, canned sweet corn. I’d usually say, if you don’t want to make the Chimichurri substitute it with oil and vinegar, but don’t. Not in this case. You might just get hooked on the many uses Chimichurri has in your cooking!
- ½ cup dry orzo noodles
- 2 ears corn or 1 can of organic corn kernels, drained
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- ¼ teaspoon dried dill or 1 teaspoon fresh dill
- 2 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup chimichurri
- Prepare the orzo per package directions, drain and set aside.
- Prepare the corn by steaming or roasting. Remove the kernels and set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss the orzo, corn kernels, tomatoes, dill, feta and chimichurri. Chill or serve at room temperature.