Lancaster Central Market : The Herb Shop podcast episode
My shopping time at Lancaster Central Market, for my Fig Lancaster blog column, isn’t just about sharing seasonal, wholesome recipe inspiration from market finds or visiting the kitchens and gardens of vendors to write their stories. Sometimes I have the chance to chat with the vendors and let you listen in!
I had an early morning Lancaster Central Market visit with Corrie Breen. Corrie is the current owner of The Herb Shop and granddaughter of the original owner. The Herb Shop has deep roots in Lancaster County. Are you curious why a young woman decided on this savory path? I was!
With over 250 herbs and spices you might be surprised by Corrie’s top selling spices. We talk herbs and spice and everything nice. Corrie also shared her grandmother’s popular recipe for Herb Baked Fish. You’ll find the recipe at the end of this post.
(I admire Corrie’s definition of success.)
This is Corrie Breen’s family recipe for Herbed Fish. it was passed down from her grandmother. The recipe incorporates their family fish herb blend, available online or at market.
- 1 pound fish (white fish is best, but salmon and tuna work very well also)
- 1 tablespoon The Herb Shop's Fish Herbs Blend
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Combine fish herbs, butter and lemon juice in a small dish; spread on fish.
- Place fish in a casserole dish or wrap in parchment paper.
- Bake in a preheated 350ºF oven for 10-20 minutes, depending on thickness of fish.
- Serve with a lemon wedge, if desired.