It’s okay to admit fennel might have you stumped. I just read fennel fronds are predicted to be the next big thing to chef celebrated. We’ll see. Until then local farmers will keep growing it regardless of food trends. I love our local farmers.
The Huffington Post collected 24 fennel recipes to play with. If you were ready to throw your hands up in fennel frustration, might I suggest you whip up this salad, open your laptop and check out these recipes.
Have a bit of a tryst with fennel.
- ½ fennel bulb, about 1 cup very thinly sliced
- 1 small tart apple, sliced
- 2 teaspoons chopped fennel fronds
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, CA Olive Ranch
- pinch of salt, to taste
- optional orange, blood orange or grapefruit wedges
- Gently toss all of the ingredients and serve chilled.
- Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds.