Quick 2 step note before you get your weekend started. My Savory Violet Compound Butter was shared for the July 2015 issue of Berks County Living, “How to Host a Farm-to-Table Party.” It’s easily made into a vegan recipe too!
STEP 1: Make this butter.
STEP 2: Put this butter on grilled or oven baked corn (350º 20 min.), steaks, fish, grilled or sautéed veggies … yeah, you get it.
So easy to make and just plain lovely and versatile. If you don’t have anymore violets in the garden use marigolds, rose petals, or other edible flowers.
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, softened (or vegan butter substitute)
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- ¼ teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon grated lime peel
- ¼ teaspoon grated orange peel
- ½ teaspoon lime juice
- 5 fresh violet flowers, chopped
- Combine all the ingredients until smooth.
- Use a tablespoon measure ice cream scooper to form mini-butter balls or form a roll on a waxed paper, wrap and refrigerate until firm.