5 things to get your holiday on, Central Market style!
- Fresh cheese, 2 oz per person, mixing firm and soft varieties. (Green Circle Organics . Linden Dale Farm . Delgiorno’s Italian Specialties: photo)
- Incorporate small dishes of relish or mustard to a cheese platter and allow guests to play with new flavor combinations (Stoltzfus Baked Goods: photo)
- Pop open a pomegranate and let the seeds fall where they may, on your cheese platter, for a brilliant pop of color and flavor (Green Circle Organics: photo)
- Sprinkle Zaatar in a small bowl, in a second bowl pour olive oil and allow guests to dip bread into the oil followed by the Zaatar. suggested by Saif Omar at Saif’s Middle Eastern Food.
let the professionals do the baking
- Minced meat pie: warm and serve with chilled cream…that’s how we enjoyed it in England (Zig’s Bakery)
- Grab a flavorful loaf of bread from the market’s newbie, Thom’s Bread. I bought the last cranberry pecan and it will be perfect for cold turkey sandwiches. I’m loving on Thom.
- Beautiful Greek pastries… a partial favorite of mine from Yasou! Greek Pastries
shortcuts need no excuses
- pick up pre-pureed, pesticide free pumpkin for soups, sauces or pie. You will receive a recipe, from Groff’s, for amazing pumpkin pancakes. (Groff’s Vegetables: photo)
- Roast chestnuts at 400 degrees for 15 to 20 min (make sure to cut, which prevents explosions) add to pilaf or stuffing.
- Brussels sprouts 3 ways: roast, put through the food processor to shred and sauté or gently steam
flowers = smiles
- … and it’s the one thing we don’t treat ourselves too. Do this for you or gift fresh flowers or paperwhite bulbs (fresh flowers from Rohrer Family Farms: photo)
- Paperwhite bulbs make a lovely, inexpensive guest gift too…maybe tag them with a note… “for all those things to be thankful which are yet to bloom” (Spring Knoll Farm: photo)
Be here or be square…
The market will open Friday from 5-8pm during downtown festivities and Sweet Annie’s is hosting a Fancy Pants Art Show… Fancy Pants Art Show… need I say more? be there.
Market hours are Wednesday 6:00 AM till 4:00 PM and Friday from 6:00 AM till 4:00 PM AND from 5:00 PM till 8:00 PM.
Leave a Reply