Just before summer slips through our fingers, let’s enjoy peaches! Fruit Crumble or crisp recipes are the simplest way to enjoy summer and early fall fruits. Swap a peach for blackberries or raspberries to this Peach Crisp or enjoy just as it is. I enjoy a crisp with a bit of texture and use more rolled oats that flour. Sometimes I’ll top the crisp with a bit of chopped nuts, too!
Can’t get enough peaches during the season? Freeze them to use later in baked peach crumble, pie, small batch jam or smoothies. Peel (check online for peeling tips), slice, toss 1 pound of peaches with 1 tablespoon lemon juice, and arrange on parchment paper-lined baking sheets and freeze overnight. Transfer to freezer bags to use for later.
Get out to your local orchard to purchase in-season peaches before it is too late!
How do you enjoy summer peaches? Let me know.
- 6 cups sliced, ripe peaches
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup quick oats
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Pit and slice the peaches. Arrange in a greased 8x8-inch baking dish. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a small bowl, combine the rolled oats, quick oats, brown sugar, flour, butter, salt and cinnamon to form loose crumbs. Sprinkle over the peaches and bake for 30-40 minutes, or until top is nicely browned.
- Serve warm, with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or dollop of whipped cream.