If you are looking for a quick, easy, healthy and flavorful family dinner… (that’s a long list) my Quick and Easy Mediterranean Stew fits the bill. In a recent Quick & Easy Dinners cooking class at Zest!, in Lititz, I shared a basic Roasted Red Pepper Sauce recipe and several ways to use it.
To save time, money and sodium I like to prepare a triple batch of the Roasted Red Pepper Sauce recipe and freeze portions. This way I have easy meal ingredients on hand.
I used The Turkey Lady’s garlic turkey sausage links for this recipe. I must have picked them up on a recent visit to Lancaster Central Market for a Two4Tuesday special and tucked them in the freezer for a quick dinner like this! You can skip the meat if you like and add an extra potato, sweet potato or mushrooms.
Be sure to check out my Phoebe Savors Lancaster Central Market, Fig Style column! Love that market and it’s vendors!
- 4 cups Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1½ cups (6-ounces) cubed unpeeled potato
- ½ cup black olives, halved
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 12-16 ounces sausage, rolled into 1-inch balls
- ¾ cup (4 ounces) chopped bell pepper
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian herb blend
- Garnish: Cheese, toasted croutons or fresh herbs
- Stove top instruction: Combine all of the ingredients in a large sauce pan and bring the mixture to a gentle boil, reduce heat to simmer, cover and cook for 30-40 minutes.
- Garnish with toasted croutons or fresh herbs.