Don’t we all love easy, cheat recipes from time to time…unless you have loads of time to bake, then more power to you. I used a locally baked shortcake and berries from Weaver’s Orchard and lemon curd from our local Curdelicious (order from the pure food pantry).
- Slice the cake into small squares (3 inch square) or use a cookie cutter to shape the pieces, I used a circle.
- Cut the piece in half, horizontally.
- Spread lemon curd between the layers, top with berries and whipped cream.
- Place the top layer on the cake and repeat.
- If you have some herb infused simple syrup you could have painted it on each cake layer to add a bit of extra flavor.
VOILÁ! You have cake that’s a real looker…I mean, the shortcake you had before would have been easily passed over but now…no way, sweetie!
Easy peasy dessert that’s über cute and the curd is a surprising flavor of citrus to make for happy mouths. You want your guests to have happy mouths, right? Then try this cheat recipe on a hot summer day!