This Greek Salad Pita recipe begs for sun ripened tomatoes, garden fresh dill, lettuce and radish! Greek Salad is the easiest salad to whip up for a hot summer dinner. Toss in grilled poultry or shrimp, if you like. Serve as a salad or stuff a few pita pockets.
This recipe was featured in the summer 2016 issue of Berks County Living. It is paired with Blueberry Chicken Salad and Watermelon Basil Slushie. I think you will enjoy all of the recipes, they are a perfect way anticipate summer.
- 3 cups (3 ounces) chopped romaine
- 2 cups (8 ounces) chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups (10 ounces) chopped cucumber
- ¼ cup sliced radish
- 1 cup cubed feta (5 ounces)
- ⅓ cup halved kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar or lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Whole wheat pitas
- In a large mixing bowl, toss the romaine, tomatoes, cucumber, radish, feta, olives and dill. Add the olive oil, toss to coat then add the vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Serve as a salad or fill pita pockets.