If you have ever been to one of my catered events you may have run into these Quinoa Corn Fritters or a version of them. These make easy snacks or a garden salad side. The quinoa adds and extra boost of healthy protein. Bake a batch and freeze for nibbles in a pinch.
This recipe has golden corn nuggets mixed in but there is no reason why you can’t add black beans, feta or any seasonal flavor.
Corn Tip: Skip husking the corn and turning on a huge pot of boiling water to heat the kitchen and cook the corn. Instead, trim the top and bake (in the husk) for 30 minutes in a preheated 350ºF oven or grill. When they are cool enough to handle, easily remove the husk and silk.
- 4 local eggs
- 3 cups quinoa, prepared
- 1 small zucchini, shredded
- 1 cup shredded cheese (mozzarella, feta, cheddar)
- ¾ cup corn kernels
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons chopped jalapeño
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- pinch pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl whisk the eggs until combined, stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Carefully scoop 1 tablespoon portions onto the baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve with this easy tzatziki dip recipe.