The secret is in the sauce or, in this case, the salt. The Chili Lime Sweet Potato Wedges are a perfect side for entreating or a quick weeknight dinner. These are Dan approved!
I’d suggest triple batching the salt blend. Keep it on hand for roasted veggies or oven-baked fries. I insist on using fresh lime zest. Allow it to dry by spreading it on waxed paper or popping it in a warm oven.
- Sweet Potato Ingredients
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound 12 ounces sweet potatoes, washed and cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons Chili Lime Seasoning
- Chili Lime Seasoning Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ancho chili pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime zest
- ½ teaspoon paprika or smoked paprika powder
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano or Italian herb blend
- ¼ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- pinch cayenne pepper powder, optional
- pinch garam masala, optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a sheet tray with parchment or aluminum foil.
- In a large bowl toss sweet potatoes with oil to coat. Sprinkle with Chili Lime Seasoning.
- Spread single layer of sweet potatoes on prepared baking sheet; do not overcrowd.
- Bake until sweet potatoes are become tender and golden brown, turning occasionally, about 20 minutes.