Sweet Whiskey BBQ Sauce is easy to prepare and will keep, refrigerated, for 2 weeks. Put a batch of the sauce in a slow cooker, on low, to keep meatballs warm for game day eats or entertaining! Serve with Chili Lime Sweet Potato Wedges.
Sweet whiskey BBQ Sauce
: phoebe's pure food
: sauce, vegan, gluten free
Serves: 2 cups
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ cup diced onions
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1½ cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon grainy or dijon mustard
- pinch dried Italian herb blend
- ¼ cup agave or honey
- ¼ cup whiskey
- In a small sauce pan, over medium-low heat, soften the onions in the olive oil. Stir in the garlic.
- Add the ketchup, vinegar, Worcestershire, mustard and herbs; increase heat to create gentle bubbles, stirring. Reduce to low and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the honey and whiskey. Stir frequently and cook on low simmer for 10-12 minutes.
- Cool, pour into a glass jar and refrigerate.
Leave a Reply