Carrot Ginger Dill Soup is a fragrant and favorite go-to winter soup. Not only is it easy to prepare but it’s healthy and the vibrant color is sure to banishes the winter blues.
carrot ginger dill soup
I prefer using more ginger, than less ginger. The ginger gives heat, flavor and an immune system boost. Play with this recipe by adding apple, rutabaga or turnips.
: phoebe's pure food
: vegan, healthy, soup, main dish
Serves: 8-10 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 - 2 ounces fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 3 cups chopped carrots
- ½ cup dry rice
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- In a 3-quart pan, sauté the onions in olive oil over medium-low heat. Cook and stir the onions until they become tender; add the garlic, ginger, carrots, rice, and broth. Bring to a gentle boil, reduce to a simmer and cook until the carrots and rice are tender.
- Using a stick blender, puree the soup until smooth. If using a blender or processor allow to slightly cool and puree in small batches.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with chopped dill.
Bruce Dingeldein says
I wish that you had a restaurant..
Are you considering anything like that?
Hello Bruce! I day dream of it all the time and it was your garden on Penn that was a piece of inspiration… sadly, it just wouldn’t fit into our lives… right now but thanks for the kind words!
This was really good. More ginger the better, for sure.