Sometimes we get lucky in life and are blessed with sisters-in-law who are easy to love. I got that lucky (thank you, Dave!) with Angie. And she loves to cook! She was the inspiration for participating in my first 5K run, and she always has a list of 5Ks to choose from. I need to get back to training for the next one. Anyway…
Angie likes to share recipes (again, lucky for me!) and she’s whipped up Blueberry Pie Overnight Oats. This is one I can get on board with, as it’s a clean eating, egg-free breakfast. It should go without saying that Angie was into clean eating before it became a trend. This is her lifestyle and I appreciate that.
Grab a few pints of local blueberries. Freeze for later and use some for this naturally sweet breakfast recipe!
- ¼ - ½ cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup fat-free Greek yogurt (plain)
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk or milk
- 1-2 packs of Truvia or sweetener of your choice
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- ⅛ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp chia seeds (optional)
- Place all ingredients into a 16-ounce canning jar. Tightly close the jar and give it a good shake to combine.
- Refrigerate overnight. In the morning, shake again before enjoying. Add more fresh fruit, if you like.