This is what I think you should do with the flavors of summer, the Strawberry Thyme Margarita. It makes for the perfect weekend and seasonal fun at home and is my tasty spin on margaritas.
- 2 ounce white tequila
- 1 ounce Grand Marnier or Gran Gala
- 2 ounces Rose's sweet lime juice
- 2 ounces strawberry thyme syrup
- Combine all the ingredients in a shaker, cap and shake for 15 seconds.
- Pour over an ice filled glass, garnish with a fresh strawberry.
Did Cinco de Mayo sneak up on you or is it just me? I may be confused about the lapse in time but there is one thing I know, where to be to celebrate. Sofrito Gastro Pub is tucked into the heart Reading and is self-described as, “a Latin Inspired Gastro Pub offering a vibrant Caribbean atmosphere located in a funky turn of the century neighborhood in Reading’s Centre Park Historic District.” It’s true. A cozy, tasty, lively, fresh and funky kind of true.
We stumbled on this eatery last April. You can read my short post about it. With Cinco De Mayo on my mind it made sense Hector Ruiz, Chef and Owner of Sofrito, was the expert to ask about how to make the perfect margarita. As it turns out, the ideal margarita is as much the tequila as it is in the shake. Hector shared his recipe below.
- 2 ounces 1800 Reposado
- 1 ounce Grand Marnier
- 1½ ounces Rose's Sweet Lime Juice
- 1 ounce fresh orange juice or sour mix with a splash of orange juice
- Fill glass with ice, pour Reposado, Grande Marnier, Roses Lime Juice, sour mix and finish with a splash of orange juice.
- Cap the glass and shake for about 20 seconds. Pour margarita into salted glass garnished with a wedge of lime.
- Note: Half the importance of a good margarita is to shake it hard for 17-20 seconds. You shouldn't be able to see through it.