It was a chilly windy night but the company was so warm and welcoming. Special guest speaker, Clara Iiliano, weaved her experience as a nutritionist, her family story about illness and the resultant lifestyle changes, and teases from the book “Mindless Eating” into her brief lecture. She engaged us with stories of small ice cream bowls and large ice cream bowls and the way food speaks to us. I’ll leave it at that because you should have been there…
On to the winning dishes. It was a winning night for the savories.
roasted winter veggies
whisk together in a 3 quart baking dish:
- 2T extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Masala
- 1/2 tsp dried herb mix, crushed
add, toss to coat:
- 2-3 medium carrots peeled and roll cut
- 1-2 yams. peeled, cut into 3/4” chunks
- 1 yellow sweet potato, peeled, cut into 3/4” chuncks
- 2-3 parsnips peeled and roll cut
cover, bake at 3:50 for 45-60 minutes or until tender
serve with minced fresh parsley and lime juice.