Seriously, this Pumpkin Pie Smoothie is good. I love sweets and the flavor of pumpkin pie but not so much the actual pie. I don’t like eggs and the thought of the wet/moist texture coming from the eggs grosses me out. This is like enjoying the pie but so much better for you and far easier to make.
Pick up a giant can of pumpkin puree. Divide the pumpkin into ziplock bags and freeze for later.
This is a basic recipe. I do add more spices and protein. Get as creative as you like. For instance, use a knob of fresh ginger. Not only would it be tasty it adds a boost of anti-inflammatory properties. Add turmeric, coconut milk, hemp seeds or chia seeds
- 4 ounces pumpkin puree
- 1 cup ice
- ¾ cup liquid (if you are watching your calories use water or half water and half skim milk/unsweetened almond/unsweetened soy milk)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ½ (2 ounces) banana
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground dried ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- non-fat Greek yogurt for extra protein, unless you're vegan
- ½ teaspoons cloves : excellent antioxidant and great for soothing digestive system & arthritis pain
- 3 tablespoons hemp seeds *adds 174 cal / 13g fat (omegas) / 11g protein / 16% iron / 48% magnesium
- 1 teaspoon raw maca powder *trendy new super food I found at Wegman's heard about on Dr. Oz that boosts libido, helps fight stress and is s packed with vitamins & amino acids.
- Put all of the ingredients into a blender and combine until smooth.
This recipe will make about 24-28 oz and if you try to drink it all at one time you will be stuffed! Drink half now and half later…healthy dessert maybe?