get creative and top the grilled pineapple with
- vanilla bean ice cream or get funky and try a coconut ice cream
- sprinkle with some caramelized pecans or toasted coconut … chopped pistachios
- substitute coconut rum for the regular rum
- crumble some shortbread cookies on top . . . mmmm
1 pineapple (fresh is a must)
1/4 c brown sugar
1/2 c rum (traditional or coconut)
2 tsp butter
ice cream (i prefer vanilla bean but try a funky flavor…maybe vanilla bean with shredded coconut mixed in)
* cut the top from the pineapple. while it is still vertical cut the peel off slicing downward. cut into 3/4” rings. using a cookie cutter remove the core.
* drizzle 1/4 cup rum over the pineapple and refrigerate until the sauce is made and the grill is ready.
* on low-medium temp and in a small sauce pan melt the butter and brown sugar, approx 3 min. then stir in 1/4 rum until the sugar is melted. keep warm until ready to serve.grill the pineapple until it is scored on each side, approx 3-4 min.
* serve the warm pineapple with a scoop of ice cream and rum sauce drizzled on top!