On a recent trip to Pittsburg we stumbled on Wigle Whiskey, a distillery tucked into the heart of the Strip District. I spent time with Meredith Grelli, owner. I’ll share that tour and chat later. ‘Til then, this week is about all things green thumb. We had Chubby Pickle Farms in the studio for this week’s episode of the 2 Weird Hungry Girls, April Showers Bring May…
The studio manager laughs when we arrive to record because I bring props. It’s all audio. You can’t see a thing. In this case, props meant an herbal cocktail I mixed in honor of our gardening guest. It turned out Nan does not drink so we enjoyed her sip! I hope you make this more than once this spring. It should also be mentioned that on my visit with Meredith I discovered what “Gin in the Genever style” is. More on that later.
Show your green thumb spirit and consider these 10 kitchen garden herbs for your garden.
- 2 ounces gin
- ½ ounce St. Germain
- 1 teaspoon lavender syrup
- 3 drops Wigle Whiskey Rosemary Lavender Bitters
- 2 cucumber slices
- tonic water
- cucumber and lavender to garnish
- Combine gin, St. Germain, syrup, bitters and cucumber in a shaker.
- Muddle cucumber, top with crushed ice, cap and give it a good shake.
- Strain into cucumber, lavender garnished glass and top with tonic water and ice.