This is the perfect summer dinner. Figs, arugula, buffalo mozzarella, figs, prosciutto, and Ken & Rick Somerset Sweet Onion & Garlic Jam, flatout flatbread toasted in the oven and served with a side salad.
Here is why I picked up the flatout flatbread vs other pizza base options:
1. Looking for less bread, less calories and an easy to make base. The flatout flatbread had a whole wheat option too and one piece was a nice size so I did not feel like I was skimping NOT that it gave me the green light to overload on high calorie toppings.
1 flatbread: 150 cal, 2g fat, 27g carbs, 3g fiber, 7g protein.
can easily be baked or grilled in 10 minutes
2. I could not find the naan bread and I did not want to make my own. Too many empty calories in pizza dough. Too hot to eat heavy in the summer.
How I made it. If you are looking for an exact recipe turn your eyes away. If you don’t have fresh figs yet use peaches.
fig, mozzarella, garlic & onion jam pizza
- 2 pieces flatout flatbread, heritage wheat (I found at the local Giant Grocery store in the deli section)
- 1/4 cup Ken & Rick Somerset Sweet Onion & Garlic Jam
- 8 ounces buffalo mozzarella, sliced
- 3-4 fresh figs, sliced
- 2 ounces prosciutto, cut in half lengthwise (skip, if you don’t want meat)
- 2 loose cups of arugula
- a drizzle of balsamic
Pre-heat oven to 350˚. Place both flatbreads on a baking sheet and bake for 4 minutes to get the bread a it toasty.
Evenly spread on both “toasty” flatbreads the jam, slices of mozzarella, figs and pieces of prosciutto. Toast in the oven for 5-6 minutes.
Slice the pizza into 4 pieces, top with fresh arugula and a drizzle of balsamic.