A favorite way to spice up coffee is by making Kim’s Dirty Chai Latte. You might find the thought of coffee and chai tea to be off-putting, but it’s amazing. Trust me.
I’ll often prepare this warm drink using instant coffee for a strong, espresso-like flavor without the espresso machine. It’s also a great recipe for leftover coffee because it is easy to prepare hot or cold.
On quick visits to Weaver’s Orchard for seasonal fruit, I’ll grab a hot beverage from Kim’s Cafe. The London Fog Latte and Dirty Chai Latte are my favorites. Kim was gracious enough to share her spin on the Dirty Chai Latte!
If you do not have an espresso machine with a steam wand, steam the milk on the stovetop. If you’d like to make a foam you can buy gadgets but you can also use your french press! Here’s a little video . I started the video at 3min in, you know how to make coffee, you’ll just want to see how to get creamy milk.
- 1 shot espresso or 1 ounce strong coffee (2 Tbsp.)
- 1½ ounces chai tea concentrate (3 Tbsp.)
- 9½ ounces steamed milk or non-dairy milk
- Ground cinnamon
- Prepare the coffee per package instructions and pour into a mug; add the chai tea.
- Pour the stove-top steamed milk over the coffee. Sprinkle with ground cinnamon and enjoy.