My simple Cocoa Chili Spice Blend is sure to make your pot of chili complete.
Yes, I’m saying it wasn’t complete before you used this blend. It will also turn your so-so chicken, beef, pork or roasted vegetables into something special. Lastly, you will be invited out more often when your hostess discovers you package this with dried beans, rice, fresh tomatoes, cheddar, avocados and your favorite chili recipe as a hostess gift. You’ll be guest fabulous!
Add this blend to your favorite chili recipe (Apple Cider Chili Recipe), roasted vegetables, as a rub for roasted, grilled or slow-cooked meats. This blend is salt free, adjust it based on your taste.
- ⅓ cup chili powder
- 1½ tablespoons cumin
- 1½ tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper seasoning
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- ½ teaspoon coriander
- Blend all of the ingredients and store in a tightly sealing glass jar.