Pestos are a quick and easy way to add full flavor to a dish. My Thai Pesto (vegan and gluten-free) is a great way to play with the flavors of garden fresh herbs.
Pesto can be used in salads, sandwiches, added to soups and more! I’d use this pesto in a curry or to drizzle into a carrot ginger dill soup. I used a dollop with leftover roasted corn, spiralized zucchini and gluten-free pasta and it was yummy!
I prepare my pestos thick. It can always be thinned later. Store in the refrigerator for up to a week or freeze as a roll in a tightly sealing plastic bag.
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- ½ cup raw spinach
- ¼ cup raw cashews
- 2 tablespoons raw and organic coconut oil
- Grated peel of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1½ teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, peeled (approximately 2 inches)
- 1 - 2 teaspoons curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Jalapeño or hot sauce to taste, optional
- Puree in food processor or blender until smooth. Add more olive oil, non-dairy or dairy milk for a creamier texture.
- Refrigerate and use within 7-10 days or freeze in small snack-sized plastic sealing plastic bags.