It is strawberry fever season. As I’m washing dishes, I’m daydreaming … of strawberries. That’s a no brainer. What else would you day dream about when washing dishes. Thinking, what else can I make with this glorious berry?
There are peaches on the counter begging to be used and salsa or chutney came to mind as a means to their fruity end. Giving salsa a summer makeover with this recipe. Use on vegetable stuffed grilled chicken breast or fish and not just a side with chips.
makes approx 3 cups
- 1 handful of strawberries, hulled and coarsely chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped
- a smidge of cilantro (some folks love it…some hate it)…use mint, parsley or basil as an alternative
- 1 small clove of garlic, finely chopped
- splash of CA Olive Ranch olive oil
- dash of salt
- a few swipes of lime zest and a squeeze of juice…or orange
- optional: peaches, avocado, beans… black beans make this even more beautiful
Make this to your taste… this is just my very general outline. Use what is growing in your space. To be honest, I have lots of garlic coming up and used diced garlic ramps instead of garlic.