Spiralized Strawberry Salad is easy warm weather salad! Don’t sweat it if you don’t have a spiralizer, just julienne your zucchini. The real treat of this salad is the dressing. It could also be the fresh, local strawberries or jus the simple, natural sweetness of the ingredients.
I recently made this salad for a cooking class and it’s just so simple but tastes great! You could add some quinoa or a cooked grain you prefer. Enjoy it as is or serve with a grilled protein. Use candied nuts for a little extra crunch!
- Salad Ingredients
- 1 zucchini, spiralized
- 2 cups (3 ounces) fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 orange, segmented
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds or poppy seeds
- ½ cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- ⅓ cup feta or bleu cheese crumbles (skip for a vegan salad)
- Strawberry Balsamic Dressing
- ¾ cup chopped strawberries
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl combine the zucchini, spinach, strawberries, orange, chia seeds and pecans.
- Prepare the dressing. Puree the strawberries, orange juice, balsamic, olive oil, and honey in a blender until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Dress the salad to taste, top with the cheese and serve.
Leave a Reply