I noticed multiple postings for soba/undon noodle salad on blogs that I follow. As much as I enjoy dancing to the beat of my own drum I am throwing my hat into the ring… a few weeks late. I’ve been busy.
This recipe uses fresh and raw ingredients. The soba noodles are made from buckwheat flour. Buckwheat is actually a seed and not related to wheat so it makes a nice alternative for wheat sensitive eaters. It is loaded with flavinoids and fiber that makes it heart healthy!
The recipe also calls for some superfoods… kale and napa cabbage. Great for your heart and keeps your plumbing clean! Kale is a fab source of calcium that is easily absorbed into your body without all the fat in cow juice… a.k.a milk.
Did you know that ginger is good for you as it acts as an anti-inflammatory and immune booster.
Soba noodle salad
- 2 T fresh lime and/or lemon juice
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 T sesame oil (toasted)
- 1 T soy sauce
- 1 tsp garlic, finely minced or pressed
- 1 T agave
- 3 T almond butterWisk it all together or wiz in small food processor then toss with the salad blend.
- 4 oz soba noodles, cooked per package directions
- 3 C (1/4 lb) kale, sliced thinly and blanched
- 1 – 1 ½ C (1/4 lb) mushrooms, sliced – cremini
- 1 red pepper, julienne
- 2 scallions, white and green part sliced
Serve on top of the salad below or alone. I topped with a sprinkle of white and black sesame to serve.
On a bed of
- 2 C Napa cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 small carrot, shredded
- 1 tsp ginger, finely grated
- ¼ C cilantro
- Splash of rice wine or lime juice
- Small blob of agave or honey