roasted tomato sauce phoebe’s mom style
- 3lbs (give or take) of tomatoes
- 3 cups carrots, sliced into 1/4″ slices
- 3 onions, halved then sliced into 1/2 inch slices
- 8 cloves of garlic, give or take
- fresh thyme / oregano / rosemary (if you like heat add crushed red pepper flakes. for something very different try a chinese 5 spice)
- OPTIONAL Additions:
Keep them in the oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour, checking after 30 minutes. When they get nice and toasty (below) remove from the oven and let them rest about 20 minutes. Peel the skin from the tomato, it will come easily after the roasting, and discard.