It should not go without saying the mystery spice pack, requiring only water, offered with your Easter ham should probably never be used. Insert drum roll for a simple and must have sauce to serve with your Easter ham . . . a 15 minute Raisin Sauce.
This recipe comes straight from the Easter family table of Robyn Jones, publisher of Berks County Living and was published on my “Phoebe Savors Berks, BCL Style” blog. Robyn says, “Easter just wouldn’t be the same in my family without raisin sauce for the ham. It is delicious!” If you know Robyn you know this is a must try. I trust her food judgement and not so much the just add water sauce.
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 6 cloves or ½ tsp. ground cloves
- 1 cup water
- ⅔ cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a medium saucepan, on medium heat for cook the raisins, cloves and water for 10 minutes.
- Add the corn starch, cinnamon, salt and pepper stirring until it thickens.
- Remove from heat and add the vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and butter.
- Delicious served on ham.