I make this tasty Cherry Lime Smoothie with various additions, sweeteners were not necessary. Add a bit of creaminess by using a cherry flavored dairy or non-dairy yogurt. You will be adding extra calories and sugar so just be aware, if calories are being counted. The addition of granola takes it to another level in the treat scale.
I use R.W. Knudsen brand cherry juice. It’s easy to find in the organic section of any grocery store. Check the produce section of your grocer too. You can easily substitute pomegranate juice. Don’t sweat the details!
Cherries fall into the dirty dozen category. Consider buying organically or from a local producer who can tell you how they are grown and treated.
- ½ (2½ ounces) cup pitted cherries, fresh or frozen
- ½ (1½ ounces) orange, peeled
- ¼ (1 ounce) cup raspberries, fresh or frozen
- ¼ cup raw shredded red beets, peeled
- ⅓ (2 ounces) red grapes
- ¼ cup cherry juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- Optional additions and substitutions
- maple syrup, to sweeten
- pinch of cinnamon and cloves
- low-fat, Greek style cherry yogurt or non-dairy cherry yogurt
- ¼ cup granola
- hemp seeds
- chia seeds
- Combine all ingredients in a blender; process until smooth.