Daffodils, check! Hydrangea stems sprouting new life, check! Asparagus is here, too!
On a recent trip to Dundore and Heister, I discovered inspiration for quick and easy Spring Green Salad. The ingredients are locally made by Lemon Tree Lane and in-season, locally grown vegetables are easy to find.
If you are lucky enough to catch Oak Nut Farms popping up just outside Dundore and Heister, you may be able to grab some local veggies, too! Like most local farmer’s Oak Nut Farms offers a CSA if you are looking for an easy way to get farm fresh veggies to your family table.
I’m excited about all of the local farms sharing their spring goodness! What are your favorite local spring food finds?
- 1 pound asparagus spear, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 10-12 ounces fresh, local mushrooms, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound Lemon Tree Lane penne pasta (or 4-cups prepared penne pasta)
- Lemon Tree Lane Kale Basil Walnut Pesto (or pesto of your choice)
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup shredded or shaved hard cheese (manchego, pecorino, or parmesan)
- 1 lemon
- nstructions 1. Toss the asparagus and mushrooms with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Roast on a large, prepared baking sheet at 450º for 15-20 minutes, until tender. Set aside to cool.
- Prepare the pasta, per package instructions; set aside.
- In a large bowl toss roasted vegetables, pasta and walnuts with the pesto until coated. Add lemon zest and fresh juice, to taste. Garnish with cheese and lemon slices.