You may not have a puppy of your own (or you do) but I bet you have a friend who does. If you made a batch of Peanut Butter Banana Dog Treats as a gift, I bet your friend (the human or 4-legged, furry friend) would think you were so thoughtful. No reason. Just because.
We don’t have a dog. We have two kittens who think they are dogs. We makes treats for their puppy pals.
If you are a dog owner, there is someone I’d like you to meet. Please meet Barb Emmett, owner Godfrey’s. She is passionate about the wellness of pups! We talked about foods dogs should steer clear of and how to gift thoughtful notions to pet owners.
Be sure to check out tomorrow’s post! It’s a chit chat with Dr. John, Veterinary Dentist, about your pet’s breath.
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup all-natural peanut butter
- ¼ cup mashed banana
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 ¼ cups whole wheat white flour
- ¼ cup wheat germ
- ¼ cup quick oats
- Flour for kneading
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir the egg, peanut butter, banana and honey until smooth.
- Add 1 cup of flour, wheat germ and oats to the peanut butter mixture and combine. The dough will be sticky.
- Knead, adding more flour, on a well-floured surface until firm. Roll to ¼-inch thickness and cut into desired pieces.
- Place cookies on a lightly greased or parchment-lined baking sheet and bake in a 300ºF oven for 25-30 minutes, based on the cookie size, until golden. Turn the oven off, open the oven door, and allow the cookies to cool.