I think you need to make this Corn and Blueberry Salad for 3 simple reasons.
- It is perfect to have in the fridge for a quick dinner as a salad topper or a summer side dish. (add grilled/cooked fish pr poultry, if you prefer)
- Both blueberries and corn are in season. (Corn is controversial for being in everything we eat, not digestible and often a GMO product. My thoughts, buy local and organic when you can and eat in-season as an indulgence.)
- It pleases vegans, vegetarians, gluten-free and meat eaters.
Hope you enjoy it as much as I do as a new summer go-to dish!
corn blueberry salad
: phoebe's pure food wrote this
: side, gluten free, vegan, vegetarian
- 4 cups wild rice blend, prepared
- 1 cup local, organic corn kernels, prepared (lightly steamed)
- 1 cup local blueberries
- 1 orange segmented, zested and juiced (reserve the juice and 1 teaspoon of zest, for the salad)
- ¼ cup walnut pieces
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Raspberry Dressing
- Combine all salad ingredients.
- Mix the Raspberry dressing by combining all ingredients in a canning jar and giving it a good shake. Add dressing to personal taste.