This is a basic recipe to get you started as you plan summer salads (I gave you a simple guide). You should never be buying dressing. Make your own to save money, know what you are eating and play with flavors. Here is a recipe to get you started.
I recently did a cooking class at Weaver’s Orchard and we talked about raspberries. I shared a raspberry infused vinegar recipe and showed how easy it is to capture the flavor of summer. Though the recipe below is a balsamic base you could easily substitute the balsamic with this Raspberry Thyme Vinegar. Be sure to check the Weaver’s Orchard website for upcoming classes. I’ll be back in August to share blackberry recipe inspiration! (psst.. it’s free)
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grainy mustard
- 1 teaspoon raw organic agave or honey
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- ¼ teaspoon thyme
- ¼ teaspoon orange zest
- pinch salt
- pinch pepper
- Whisk the olive oil with mustard and agave. While whisking slowly incorporate the vinegar and orange juice. Add the herbs salt and pepper.
- Place in lidded jar and keep chilled for a week.