These vegan and gluten-free Buffalo Cauliflower Bites are so good and guilt-free! I’ve been playing around with this recipe since we tasted a deep fried version at a local brewery. I do not eat chicken wings. I just don’t but do want a spicy, crunchy bite to enjoy as a tasty appetizer.
Hope you enjoy these as much as everyone who has tasted them has gobbled them up!
- 1 pound cauliflower florets, cut into mouthful bites
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1 cup beer or gluten-free beer of your choice (find something with flavor not just fizz)
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon paprika powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups corn flakes, crushed
- Buffalo Spread
- ½ cup hot sauce
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 425ª. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Spray with non-stick spray or lightly coat with olive oil.
- Whisk the rice flour, beer, salt, paprika and garlic powder; set aside.
- Put the crushed cornflakes into a separate bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk the hot sauce and olive oil.
- Dip each piece of cauliflower into the rice flour mixture. Gently tap the excess batter off, coat with crushed cornflakes and place on baking sheet. Repeat until all pieces are coated.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Using a brush gently spread each piece with the buffalo spread, flip and coat.
- Bake 10 more minutes.
- Remove and enjoy!